Thursday, October 20, 2016

Data For GIS: Indian River County, FL

Week 7/8: Midterm

This week we utilized all the skills we have learned up to this point. We were asked to download all original data from different online databases, such as Labins and  FGDL. Then we had to ensure that all of the data was on the same projection system, which I almost successfully did. I went with the original projection from the FGDL website, since that is where most of my data came from. I now realize that it would have been better to choose a projection system that all the features supported. My quad image did not support the Albers Conical projection system that all my other data was in. For some reason, it interpreted it as NAD_HARN_Albers. All in all I gained essential knowledge on how to create a map from scratch, even for just one particular location.

This map includes:
Invasive species, county boundary, cities, major roads, surface water, public parks, and an aerial quad
This map includes:
DEM and county boundary
This map includes:
Wetlands, county boundary, and cities

No comments:

Post a Comment